After Your Procedure
The recovery period following LASIK is quite short. Patients tend to experience noticeably sharper vision within one to three days, and in most cases, will be able to drive and return to work the day after their procedure. If you experience blurriness or fluctuations in the clarity of your vision, there’s no need to worry — both are completely normal parts of the healing process.
After your procedure, your surgeon will send you home with eye drops and instructions on when and how to use them. In addition to keeping your eyes lubricated following surgery, these drops will reduce the risk of infection and accelerate your recovery. Regular visits with your surgeon in the 12 months after your surgery will help guarantee that your eyes heal properly. You don’t need to worry about additional fees, though — all follow-up appointments are included in the cost of your LASIK procedure.
In some very rare instances, a patient’s vision will not reach the desired sharpness and clarity within three to six months. If this happens, your surgeon may recommend a follow-up vision enhancement procedure, again at no additional cost.
If you have any questions or concerns, your surgeon will be happy to discuss them with you at your consultation.
Facilitating the Healing Process
While you should be able to resume your daily activities shortly after surgery, there are a few precautions you should take to help your eyes heal as quickly as possible:
- Your surgeon will give you protective eye shields. Wear them for the first week following surgery to prevent accidental irritation, especially when sleeping.
- Avoid smoke, dust, dirt, and other particulates that can aggravate your eyes.
- Avoid applying eye makeup or moisturizer for at least a week.
- Refrain from playing sports for several days. Swimming and contact sports should be avoided for three to four weeks.
- Follow your surgeon’s directions if they suggest you wear safety or sports glasses with polycarbonate lenses for certain activities.
Everyone’s recovery experience is unique, so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor.
A Team of Experts.
With decades of combined experiences, Icon’s doctors provide industry-leading LASIK Surgery using the latest, advanced technology.
Hear from Kleiman Evangelista Patients
Sometimes the best people to hear from are those who’ve had a procedure themselves. Click here to hear from real Kleiman Evangelista patients about how quick and effective LASIK was — and how it has improved their lives since.
Schedule Your VIP Consult.
For fastest service during the hours of 8am-5pm Monday – Friday, call us at (214) 390-4521 . Otherwise, fill out the form below to schedule your VIP consultation.